Friday, May 18, 2007

Day Nine

This morning we walked to the bus stop & on the way we got breakfast (Moonpies or at least the Chinese equivalent). We rode the bus to the subway, then again back to the Pearl Market, where I tried on my suit, it was a very good fit, so no adjustments were necessary. After I got the suit, I bought 5 more polo shirts, because the others did not fit. When we left the Pearl Market, we walked down the street to get some food and, on the way, we saw a street vendor selling polos for 25 RMB each, which is half the price of what I had to haggle for at Pearl Market. So I bought 2 more for me and 2 for presents. At lunch, we got some chicken and egg & tomato, which is pretty good stuff. I don't remembering paying a lot for it, but with 3 beers, I know it wasn't much. After lunch, we went back to the apartment for put my suit down before setting off again, this time for the mountain close to the apartment. We walked over to the mountain at 3:45 & we summited (walked up a trail) & were back down by 5:00. We walked out of the mountain's 'scenic resort' & to the bus stop. we rode the bus toward the main part of town in order to find a restaurant. We walked around awhile, but we eventually found one that suited our eyes & with cheap enough beer. So we ate there & took the bus back to the apartment. Ruoya started complaining of his skin itching around his neck, well, he must have had an allergy to something because his itching continued to get worse & his skin because very swollen & red. I went to bed early as I fell asleep listening to Harry Potter.

No comments: