Thursday, May 17, 2007

Day Eight

Woke up this morning & there is a really powerful windstorm outside which I'm sure is producing a good bit of dust tornados & such. The power has gone out (I assume from this storm) which means no hot water, boo, so I suppose I'll take a cold shower. Oh, but, we checked the 'circuit breaker' to see if it was tripped & funny enough the whole apartment is on two circuits, but it wasn't tripped either, so no luck. At least it's a gorgeous day outside (& since yesterday wasn't too hot) i don't think It'll be that hot today either.// The weather was nicem we went back to the aunt's apartment to pick up all the stuff we bought yesterday at the Pearl Market (we did go, that journal entry yesterday was just silly...), then once we had it all back at our apartment, we went to the Temple of Heaven, pretty cool, then we went back to the same area where we went last night to get dinner and Ruoya really wanted a massage. So we got dinner for 26 RMB each, then we got 40 minute massages for 88 RMB. I would have to say that I did not enjoy the massage fully, it was really rough and awkward. We took the subway home and went to bed

No comments: